Capacity rated in accordance with CAGI ADF 100 @ 100 psig, 100°F inlet, 100°F ambient and a PDP of 38°F
Operating pressure: 40 to 232 psig | Ambient air temperature: 40°F to 120°F (35°F with low ambient option) | Inlet air temperature: 40°F to 120°F
For larger capacities and custom dryer options, please contact an mdi representative.
➤Click Here for Capacity Correction Factors Chart
How It Works
• Saturated, compressed air enters the
system and moves into the pre-cooler/reheater
(A), where it is pre-cooled by the cold
• The air is then directed through the air to
refrigerant heat exchanger (B), where it is
cooled to 38°F by the refrigeration system.
• The cold, saturated air flows into the
three-stage separator (C), where liquids are
removed from the air and ejected from the
system via the Aircel condensate drain (D).
• The cold, dry air is then reheated by the
incoming warm air (E) before leaving the
Due to the increasing cost of energy around the world, the compressed air
industry has been challenged to create a dryer to deliver long-term energy savings.
To address this need, Aircel engineers designed the AES Series - a dryer that
precisely matches power usage to inlet air demand.
AES dryers automatically modulate the refrigeration compressor on and off,
delivering significant power and energy savings to your bottom line.
• AES Series Optional Voltage Ratings:
208/230-3-60; 460-3-60; 575/600-3-60
• Energy saving control for more efficient operation.
• Easy-to-read display provides continuous operating feedback.
• Event log stores critical data.
• Ethernet capability for web-based remote monitoring.
• Multiple alarms and safeties protect your investment.
• NEMA 4 steel electrical enclosure
• Ethernet-ready connectivity to connect to plant control system
• Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1100E PLC controller
• 4” LCD color touch screen
• On-screen display of dryer operation status
• 10/100 mb/s with built-in peer-to-peer messaging
• Communication through RS-232/RS-486 combo port
• UL, CE, C-Tick, and Class 1 Div. 2 certified controller
• Supports DHCP
• Add up to four 1762 I/O modules
• Phase monitoring protects compressor while eliminating possible phase reversal, loss, and unbalance
• Energy savings based upon demand
• High discharge line temperature alarm
• Locked rotor alarm
• Three-phase refrigeration compressor open circuit alarm protects compressor while eliminating possible phase reversal, loss, and unbalance
• Maximum continuous current alarm
• Discharge line thermistor open sensor alarm, thermistor short alarm, and transducer failure alarm
• Suction line transducer failure
• Refrigeration copressor low temperature alarm
• Refrigeration compessor high temperature alarm
• Condenser fan motor low temperature alarm
• Condenser fan motor high temperature alarm
• Refrigerant suction line pressure
• Refrigerant suction line temperature (°F)
• Refrigerant discharge line pressure
• Condenser transducer failure
• Refrigerant discharge line temperature (°F)
• Fan(s) on/off status
• Unloader solenoid on/off status
• Alarm warning
• Main control menu
• Alarm status screen
• Immediate pop-up alarm banner
• History log with alarm date and time stamp
• Service option information
• Touch system control
• Days of operation, hours of energy savings, system timers, and mode of operation